I only dipped half of each bar in chocolate for two reasons, a) I was in a hurry and b) so that you could see what they were made of of course, I will definitely make these again so I will probably try covering the whole bar in chocolate although I thought it was great plain too.
Leila Lindholm - A Piece of Cake.
(Or in my case 12)
300g (11oz) crunchy peanut butter
200ml (7 fl oz) golden syrup
90g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
135g (4 3/4 oz) desiccated coconut
55g (2 1/4 oz) Rice Krispies
250g (9oz) good quality dark chocolate
1. Melt the peanut butter, syrup, sugar and vanilla sugar over a low heat.
2. Toast the desiccated coconut in a dry frying pan.
3. Stir the coconut and Rice Krispies into the mixture.
4. Divide the mixture into two rectangular loaf tins lined with cling film.
5. Leave to set in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cut the cake into 1.5cm (3/4 in) bars and dip into the melted chocolate.
7. Put back in the refrigerator and leave to set for a few hours.
Now try not to eat them all!