I love Autumn and Winter, I'm crazy for Christmas, I love Halloween and my Birthday is the night after Bonfire Night, so it's a brilliant time of year for me. Also everyone goes cupcake crazy which I love, I can't wait for the up and coming Halloween rush.
These adorable pumpkin cupcake toppers are great for Thanksgiving, Fall and Halloween cake decorating and best of all they are seriously easy to make.
Follow Pictures Left to Right, Top to Bottom.
You will need:
Light Green Fondant
Dark Brown or Chocolate Fondant
Small Knife or Blade
1. Roll out a ball of orange fondant, the same size you would like your pumpkin to be.
2. Use your thumb to push down on the top of your orange ball, squashing it slightly.
3. Using a small blade cut vertical lines all the way around your squashed ball, leaving a gap between each incision.
4. Take a small ball of dark brown fondant and roll out into a thin sausage. Cut off a small section about 5mm long and place on the centre of the top of your pumpkin.
5. Roll out a small ball of green fondant and cut a small round based leaf shape.
6. Using a toothpick indent the centre of the leafs base to create a heart shaped leaf. Using a small knife or blade, verge gently indent the leaf with one vertical line through the centre and smaller leaf lines on either side.
7. Take a small amount of green fondant and roll into a very thin sausage shape about 5cm long (as you did for the pumpkin stalk), wrap the thin length around your toothpick as shown in image 13. Either gently cut into two (whilst still on the toothpick) or leave as one curl, leave to dry for 15 minutes
8. Using a damp paintbrush affix the leaf and green curls around the pumpkin stalk.
You can of course leave off the curls and leaf for a much simpler pumpkin. For Halloween paint spooky faces with black edible paint or use an edible pen.
x x x